Friday, August 6, 2010

"I love this ..." with thanks for Toby Keith

A few months ago we were at breakfast with a very dear friend of the family. He is in tremendous physical condition, has exercised all his life, been active in sports and very disciplined in his approach to maintaining his fitness program. That's why our jaws dropped when we heard him say, "I hate every minute of exercising and always have!".

You have to tip your hat to a guy who can persist in a lifetime of workouts that are to be avoided at all cost. His determination and results are very very rare.  The fact is it is no wonder why so many people are in the midst of a fitness meltdown because they share that attitude but unfortunately not that willpower and level of commitment. I understand. I remember the "old school" of fitness and dieting like everyone else, and I can empathize with his sentiments and those of the majority of potential fitness lovers. 

And I suppose I'd be in the majority camp of people we just talked about and not in his camp right now, except for the fact that

LOVE exercising !
 I look forward to the next workout, and I can't wait to find out how much progress I've made.

I LOVE mealtime!
I can't wait to try out a new recipe for supper and share ideas with friends and the rest of the community.

LOVE my "gym"!
My "gym" is a work in progress and constantly changing as my needs and abilties change, and I'm always finding new ways to challenge myself and move forward.

LOVE the motivation !
Great trainers like Tony Horton and Chalene Johnson and Debbie Siebers keep everything so fresh and in focus that it's more like visiting with a best buddy than a coach.

I LOVE my  fitness community!They are always there for support, to share ideas and to work out with either live or in the WOWY Online Supergym.

I LOVE my fitness program!
Simply put I am grateful that I can tap into the positive side of motivation and utilize these newly learned skills to help me maintain this wonderful new lifestyle I have been blessed with. I feel very very fortunate, but I am neither unique nor gifted nor unaware of the contrary feelings of many others.

If you have found a program that gives you this same sense of satisfaction then I applaud you and welcome you to the fitness community. 

If on the other hand you have no idea what I'm talking about , are skeptical or just plain convinced it isn't for you and that you're somehow different all I can say to you is you are entitled to an opinion but NOT the facts.

Everybody can attain this same level of enjoyment and everyone can learn good habits towards a brand new fitness outlook and everyone can experience at their own ability level a rewarding fitness environment.

You are no different than I am.
I know you can do this.
Deep down you know you can too.

Now repeat after me:

I LOVE my gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment