Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 1 after Surgery- 2/27/2010

Yesterday's surgery went really well.  I had five different procedures done, and the doctor will be giving me a DVD of the procedure, which I'll be able to post! I had a selective Hysterosalpingogram, a Hysteroscopy, a DNC, a diagnostic laproscopy during which they removed all of my endometriosis, and finally an ovarian wedge resection with advanced surgical techniques to avoid scar tissue and adhesions for the highest success rate.  The surgery required three incisions: one in my belly button, one above my left pelvic bone about 1" in length, and one final one right above my pubic bone about 5" wide.  The surgery took about five hours, and I woke up about two and a half hours later.  I took pain medication via IV in the recovery room, but after that I was moved to a room overnight for observations and only took ibuprofin through my IV twice to help with any swelling in the incisions.  By 8 PM, I was up and walking to use the ladies' room by myself.  Throughout the night, I continued to rest and get up every two hours to use the bathroom from all of the fluids they were giving me through the IV.

This morning, I started the day with a piece of whole wheat dry toast and a bowl of shredded wheat with skim milk.  Nausea only lasted until about 8 PM last night; so, starting the day with solid foods was not a problem! Chuck even brought me a delicious cup of coffee as well! I sat with the surgeon this morning with my husband (Chuck) and my sister, and we went through all of pictures from my procedures.  She indicated that she was very pleased with all of the results from the surgery, and she is really happy with my progress so quickly! I discharged myself from the hospital at 10AM this morning and came back to the hotel room (since I am out of town for this surgery).  I've been eating and up and about every 45 minutes or so.  My bandages got redressed, and the two smallest incisions are healing really well! I can touch them, and they don't really hurt.  The largest one is oozing a little bit of blood, but it didn't really hurt to wash and redress.

Chuck and I will be staying in the hotel room today, relaxing, and watching movies.  I actually just made a Greenberry Shakeology with OJ! It's already making me feel tingly and full of energy!  Each minute, I'm feeling better and stronger!

Til' tomorrow!...

No comments:

Post a Comment