Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surgery- Preparation

On Friday 2/26, I'll be having five different procedures during major surgery to correct an underlying condition I was born with. My health, nutrition, and fitness is really important to me; so, getting through a successful surgery and back to my normal fitness routine has been my focus. There were several things I did to prepare, including daily Beachbody workouts, namely P90X, and a healthy, balanced, and nutritious diet to fuel my body to keep it in tip top shape. Over the last week, I've modified my eating habit in preparation for pre-operation fasting that the doctors require. I normally consume between 1800 and 2100 calories per day, and though I continued to maintain this caloric intake, I ate foods that were a little more bland but still provided the right fuel to continue working out. I've increased my cardio work from 1 hour to 2 hours per day at least four times per week over the last four weeks, and I've increased my core work to 2 to 3 times per week using Beachbody P90X Core Synergistics and Tony Horton's One on One DVD Core Ball Sandwich. Yesterday and today, I'm still keeping my body limber and strong with Beachbody Ho Ala ke Kino and Patience Hummingbird Yoga. Seems like so far, my preparation has been successful, because my pre-op testing yesterday passed with flying colors. The surgeon told me that she wouldn't be surprised to see me walk out of the hospital after four hours of surgery the same day! Off to do Yoga!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome news!! Good luck tomorrow! Prayers headin your way!

    ReplyDelete