Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 2 after Surgery- 2/28/2010 PM

The ride home from Camp Hill, PA was a little slower than usual.  It took an extra 1/2 hour, because we stopped at two rest stops to walk around and stretch a little... not to mention the fact that everyone knows that PA roads are horrible but you REALLY notice when your body feels EVERY last bump in the road!  I sipped on my Greenberry Shakeology w OJ for most of the ride, while we switched between listening to the new Pittsburgh Sports talk radio station 93.7 The Fan and our Frank Sinatra Pandora radio station!

Once we got home, I was more than ready to hop in my own shower and get cleaned up.  I redressed my bandages and confirmed that all of my incisions are completely closed! I have clear strips over all of them, and the doctor tells me they will start to peel back within a week.  When they do, they will be ready to peel completely off.  After my shower, I put on comfy but regular fitting clothes- no more of this huge baggy clothing.  Chuck and I went to Best Buy to pick up my replacement iPhone; living without mine for a week was like giving up a kidney!!  I walked around the whole time.

I'm a bit tired now; so, I'm gonna rest for a bit before my in laws come over to visit and for dinner.  Since my abdomen was filled with air during the procedure and fluid afterwards to assist in the healing proces (avoiding scar tissue, etc.), I'm going to do some light stretching to move the fluid and remaining air around.  The air makes the incisions a bit uncomfortable at times.  I have much more energy than even yesterday, which I attribute largely to my fix of Shakeology earlier today and continuing with my normal diet.

One day closer to working out with Tony in P90X!...

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment