Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 3 after surgery- 3/1/2010

After the in laws left last night, I started to doze off on the couch watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, which to be honest, I wasn't very impressed with... I think the dozing off had something to do with the delicious cup of coffee Chuck made me.  It was Hazlenut Community Coffee! Have you ever had Community Coffee? If you've been down south, you may have... it's a coffee that is specific to the New Orleans area, and it is absolutely delicious! 

Though we were so comfy on the couch, we decided it would be better to go upstairs to bed, because I have cats... and boy do they like to snuggle! My cats love to do that kneading thing before they lay down to get comfy and fall asleep, and the last thing I needed was for them to decide my belly was a great place to start kneading while I was sleeping!

So I started out the night in bed with my back propped up at a 45-degree angle like I've slept for the last two nights.  At about 4 AM, I got up to use the bathroom, and when I laid back own I really wanted to lay on my side... so I tried.  I got into the position, and it felt fine... until I felt like all of my organs were falling to the side and pressing on the incisions- ummm, gross. So, I rolled back onto my back, but I actually laid flat. So, it was a small victory to be able to lay flat on my back through the night and sleep soundly.

This morning, my incisions are a bit sore, but I'm up with no meds, got dressed in as normal clothes as possible (still loose on the belly of course), put on some makeup, and mixed up some Greenberry Shakeology w OJ (my favorite as you might know by now). I had scheduled a dentist cleaning appointment for this morning before my surgery was scheduled. I think I'm still gonna go though. I think I'm feeling well enough to go, so we'll see!

Stay tuned...

One day closer to Beachbody and P90X...X...X....

No comments:

Post a Comment