Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 4 after surgery- 3/3/2010

Tuesday was a great day! I did my exercises that I wrote about yesterday three times with very little discomfort. I'm still not taking any pain meds, which I like, because I can push myself and feel everything to know if I need to back off or not.  I did some work on the computer, standing every 45 minutes or so to walk around, and then Chuck and I ran some errands. After a few hours out and about, we came back home, and I prepared for a followup with a Creighton Client. (I'm a Ferility Care Practitioner as well for Creighton Model and NaPro Technology.  www.naprotechnology.com It's the standardized medical system that pretty much saved my life and was the reason for the surgery I just had.  I went back to school to become a practitioner so I could teach other women the system and hook them up with the right doctors/ surgeons (if necessary).)

After the followup, my friend Michelle came over to visit and join Chuck and me for the dinner he made the night before... when I was watching Harry Potter! He made whole wheat ravioli filled with carmelized onions, pears, and goat cheese.  He served them with a grilled pork chop! Mmmmm.... it was so good!  After dinner we made Shakeology smoothies for desert and relaxed on the couch.  I started to get some discomfort and cramping internally, so I got an ice pack and rested for a while on the couch which Michelle visited.  I resisted the urge to take any pain meds, and within about 45 minutes, the pain subsided.

I slept really well last night, normal positions... none of that sleeping like a corpse stuff anymore! The only thing was that Chuck rolled over in his sleep to hug me, and I almost decked him... he's a big guy! Can you blame me?! lol

So today is my last day before I go back to my day job.  Slept in a bit today... gonna make myself a Greenberry Shakeology w OJ, which I'm sure you know by now is my favorite! We'll see what the day will hold... Stay tuned! I'm thinking I will try Beachbody's Ho Ala Ke Kino Yoga today.  It's a lot of legs and breathing, and I think I will be able to do most of it... maybe not all but most. We'll see...

One day closer to Beachbody workouts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment